Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Fun times with the art lovers



Edgar
Nick and I
Stephanie and her sister Donna
People may describe me as the fun loving type. Go ahead call me the spark to your life, the sprinkles to your cupcake. So this may prove to be difficult, to pick from the several occasions that fun factor was at hand. The most recent account of myself having fun occurred this semester. Despite the fact I no longer had my friends in any of my classes, I still manage to visit them during their art classes. Edgar, Donna,Stephanie,Nick and I took a painting class together last semester. Edgar and Donna and Stephanie I had been already be acquainted with each other from previous semesters. I had meet Nick during our drawing class. We soon became good friends;often cracking jokes and creating unnecessary drama! During this semester I was invited to join the class field trip to Oxnard's downtown art museum the “Carnegie Art Museum”. Needless to say I was super excited to visit this place I had pass by a billion times. We had to carpool with our mutual friend Rachel and her huge white van. It was so neat being among my friends in a different atmosphere beyond the classroom setting. We grand ole time observing the art pieces and taking photographs. Afterword we had a short lunch break. I pitch to visit the “Ghettoest place in Oxnard” for lunch. My friends were hesitant to go,claiming we would get mugged or attack by homeless people. Somehow I manage to convince them to give this place a chance. When we arrive the group split up, Edgar and Rachel went to the hot food counter and orderded one of the greasiest tacos I have ever seen. While Nick, Donna, Stephanie and I lined up to order Mexican style ice cream. When are orders were fulfilled we sat together in a beautifully decorated table and chairs. A wooden table with the table tops decorated with hand painted Mexican titles and bright colored metal chairs. We had our usual conversations that always end with people staring at us for being too loud. Edgar usually controlled the conversation often quoting the movie “Mean Girls” and the rest of us laughing at his colorful antics/comments. The ice cream was the creamiest and most delicious ice cream I've ever had,Coconut and melon flavor. Beyond the yummy food we had, I was in the company by of most wonderful people I have ever meet. These are the moments I truly have a great time. No need for loud music or a party environment. There nothing better than being among friends,art and food.






 

2 comments:

  1. Props lady! I liked having you in class this semester. Wish I could have gone to the art show though! I liked that post on thrifting you posted :) Overall nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good friends are hard to come by. Glad you still keep in touch.

    ReplyDelete