Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Fast Food Nation and the burgers with poop!




Fast Food Nation what a book I must say! I went from a girl whose sweetest memories revolved around a table filled with food to a girl that is skeptical of whatever is placed in front of to eat. The author did a excellent job describing the places and people and situations. What really turn my stomach on its edge was the manner in which the author described the slaughter house conditions and procedures. I can no longer eat a burger with think there is excrement in it! I was bothered by the conditions that cattle live in; often living among there own poop! This led me to question the sanitary conditions of my households meals. What also alarm me was the chapter on  “E-coil”. It upsets to know that a government that supposed to protect us is easily manipulated by big money and corporations. It easier to pull out a toy from the market place than it is a piece of steak! Yep, and we consider ourselves a highly developed nation! Since reading this book, I'm on the fence on becoming a vegetarian or at least eliminating red meat from my diet. Something that is easier say said than done, especially in a Mexican household.

 

3 comments:

  1. Yeah, Fast Food Nation was really something, huh? It really opened my eyes as I read each chapter and now I see things differently in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you. this book is an eye opener.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoyed reading your blogs, you added a bit of humor and pics that kept it interesting. Great Job!!

    ReplyDelete