Monday, April 15, 2013

A Truth, A Fun Girl and College


In case you missed it ….
The truth is
I participated in a YOUTUBE video,where I played the wife of “ Pancho Villa” .
Surprise !!!

This was a final project for my film class done a couple of semesters ago.
I may not be the best actress but I sure had a heck of a lot of fun.
Here's proof .... Enjoy (go ahead laugh your face off)

http://youtu.be/NCOzSnkbyX0




After brief moment of comedy, I'm back to the real world. Sadly I can't be like “Cyndi Lauper” and be another girl that just wants to have fun. Well my semester started out amazing good. I had just quit my job of seven years in order to dedicate my full attention to my studies. This would be my first time ever as a full-time student. With a schedule dotted with classes, I was ready to pass all my classes with flying colors. But there came along a subject with many problems... math class! As much as I try to do the work I kept falling behind in class. I would lay awake in bed for hours, my restless soul would not find peace. My tormentor : math. My thoughts of not passing the class would torment me to tears. Math has never been my cup of tea. It bothers me to point of questioning my own intelligence and my capacity of one day ever transferring to a university. So I decided to withdraw from my math class. Leaving my worse subject on the back-burner for the summer semester.


During this semester, I also realized that having a home based internet PC is essential for every college student. Ohhh!!! How a car would make things much easier. I've also noted that I have an amazing group of friends! What has really challenged me this semester is time-management and my craftsmanship in my art classes. I've felt rushed though all my assignments, often losing sleep to finish a pending assignment. The work load has been decent. I’m in no way expecting people to hand me a college degree without shedding any “sweat, tears, or blood”. As cheesy and cliched as may sound, I know it's worth it. My goal is to graduated from this college and possibly transfer. There would no greater satisfaction than rubbing it in the faces of those called me names, to those that never believed in my dreams, to those who saw me as an number in the system. That's what keeps me motivated!!!

4 comments:

  1. Keep on going =) We are almost done with this semester.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always stuggle so much with math too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. keep going. everything will go well.
    P.S. I enjoy the video.

    ReplyDelete