![]() |
| "The Mona Lisa" by Leonardo da Vinci |
![]() |
| "Number 8" by Jackson Pollock |
What is art? Art can be anything from a
beautiful portrait created by an grandmaster of art to “
thoughtless” splatters of paint on canvas . Artist have been
belittled by the general public because of their “effortless-
looking” art. Paintings have been poked fun as “Even I could do
that!”. Before deciding to become an art major, I shared the same
attitude. I've taken a couple semesters of art classes ,which have
reshaped my perspective on art . I have learn about the artists
themselves and how events and individuals had influence their
artwork. I also had great pleasure of creating my own pieces of
artwork. In doing so I discovered the great deal of work there is in
being an artist. One must gather materials, visualize what you wish
to paint, lay down a blueprint, mixed paint (intill your reach your
ideal colors), and apply paint. Mixing colors is perhaps the most
difficult part in painting especially if the piece has five hundred
different colors in it. Painting not only physically exhausts you, it
can also do an number on your emotional being. When I paint, I deal
with several emotions than often translates onto the canvas. Colors
and brush stokes become a way to express my emotions. My paintings
become an extension of me, they carry feelings and stories of the
time it was created. My opinion on art was been changed, from being a
plain apathetic viewer to an artist that is fully engrossed in the
progress in creating art. This did not occur over night but it took a
couple semesters to greater appreciate even the most simplest form
of art. Now and days,when looking at art I inspect every single
brushstroke and try to decipher what the artist is trying to
communicate with to the viewer. I now grasp the idea that in art
there is much more than meets the eye.
![]() |
| "Abuela's Huipil" By Ana Mena (yours truly) |



I really enjoyed reading your story on how you changed your mind about art. I really like the picture you painted. Thank you for sharing it.
ReplyDeleteWhen I saw your painting for the first time, I was really amazed. I liked the flowers because it’s very vibrant and the colors that you gave them. Hope I can paint something similar like yours one day.
ReplyDeleteEnjoyed reading your blog.You are very talented, maybe you'll be our next picasso.
ReplyDeleteWow! What a great artist!
ReplyDeleteI like art and the way a simple painting can transmit feelings.
ReplyDelete