Tuesday, January 22, 2013

My Past, My Present and My Future


          The name is Ana; my close friends refer to me as "Chati" (Nickname given to me at birth by my beloved aunt). I recently turned twenty-two years of age as of couple days ago (January 9th was my birthday). My family consists of my two parents, an older brother, and my aunt. I was born in Ventura, California but raised in the sometimes-boring city of Oxnard. Our neighborhood is quite crowded and the police department addresses domestic disturbances regularly.


            I had a relatively “normal” (The word normal has different meaning depending on who you ask) childhood. I attended Kamala Elementary where things got a tiny bit complicated. I noticed there was an evident difference between my fellow classmates and myself. I was taller and chunkier than everyone in class. As time passed I became a little shy and awkward. I was always craving to "fit in" with the rest of my classmates when all I could do is stand out. Bullying became a part of my daily life, causing me to be self-conscience about my looks. It was not until the culmination of my high school career that I come to my own and develop a rather healthier self-perception of myself.                                                                                                                                         
             After seven long years working in a small library in Port Hueneme, I decided to move on to become a full-time college student. This is after reconsidering my priorities to place a higher level of dedication to my education. I recently became interested in the field of Art Therapy. I've always had an infatuation for anything that relates to the arts (as a kid I owned buckets full of crayons and markers). I believe this career would definitely fit my personality and my interests. It combines my caring nature and desire to be of help to others and of course art!

           As for my future, I would like to complete my studies.  I want to help those who are hurting through Art Therapy. I hope to one day meet the man of my dreams and fall in love and married. I envision myself owning my home and hosting dinner parties for my friends. I anticipate having a rather financially stable household and safe and warm environment for my future children. I'll pray to God and will do my best to fulfill my dreams and goals. In the end of my days I’ll hope to have the satisfaction to say that I gave it my all.

7 comments:

  1. Hi Ana,
    It is nice to have you in my class. I read your blog and I have to say congratulations for taking the step to attending college. I sometimes feel like I am to old, but then you realize that you are never too old to change your life for the better. I also found it interesting that you want to help others with Art Therapy I wish you the best.
    Anabel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Ana I love your nickname,I think it is adorable. You seem to be such a nice and funny girl with a great personality to go along with it. I'm looking forward to getting to know you better.
    Dennys

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bullying in my opinion is the most unecessary thing ever! I'm glad to hear you walked away, from that chapter in your life, stronger. Good luck with your future goals.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, thanks for commenting in my blog. I can totally relate to you in the bullying part. It really wasn't easy getting through it and has somewhat affected me in the past, but thankfully I also outgrew it. I am looking forward on getting to know you better both in English and Art class. Oh, and lastly, I just wanted to say, "Well said in your last sentence of the blog." Very powerful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Ana,
    Its good you found your own path and real friends. I am glad you want to help others who are hurting through Art Therapy, my little sister is really into art and when shes feeling down I see her do what she loves.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You seem very motivated in what you want in the future, keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's great to hear you have bigger plans than this small city. Keep on doing you.

    ReplyDelete